Welcome to CaptnMike’s World!
Most Popular Articles Recently Viewed
- Tips on Tying Your Boat to the Dock
- Lee’s Fender Knot
- Laundry Day & Washing The Life Jackets
- Mike’s Quick Rope Whipping
- Is This Your Cleat?
- TVMDC – Practice – Correcting and un-correcting the compass
- How to use a Winch on a Sailboat
- Improved Fender Whip–Part 2
- Spar Hitch - Fender Knot
- How to Tie Your Boat to a Dock that has a Bull Rail – Part 1
- How Maritime Law Works- A Video Primer For Non-Lawyers
- Life Jackets Work!! But Only If You Wear It
- Video: Four and a Half Minutes of French Lighthouses in Terrifying Storms
- The Seattle Harbor Patrol – From 1877 To The Present
- The View From The Fremont Drawbridge Tower – The Bridge Operators Perspective
- Beta test of crowdsourced bathymetry holds promise for improving U.S. nautical charts
- Video: How to Launch a Sailboat Like a Boss
- Dead Tired – Tips For Preventing and Dealing With Fatigue On The Water
- Be sure to get the latest nautical charts!
- Olympic Coast survey provides data for multiple uses
- Proper Bridge Opening Signals and Conch Shell Horns
- How accurate are nautical charts?
Article TagsATON ATON's boat equipment boating Boating Etiquette boating knots boating safety boating skills bowline Chart Reading Christmas class aids classroom aids Coast Guard Auxiliary Correcting Correcting and Uncorrecting a Compass crew skills fender knot Guerrilla Marketing knots Marketing marlinespike seamanship marlinespike skills mooring tips Nav. Exercise personal safety equipment Piloting Puget Sound safety equipment sailing Seattle seattle boating information TVMDC Uncorrecting weather
Tag Archives: bowline
Tying a Bowline is an essential boating skill but one that seems to stump many boaters, then when you add being left handed to the mix things can get really confusing so I made this guide to help left handed … Continue reading
Tie a Secure Loop in the end of a Line The Bowline is called “The King of Knots”. This is because the Bowline can be made to do most anything (sometimes not very elegant) that needs to be done on … Continue reading