Welcome to CaptnMike’s World!
Most Popular Articles Recently Viewed
- Tips on Tying Your Boat to the Dock
- Lee’s Fender Knot
- Laundry Day & Washing The Life Jackets
- TVMDC – Practice – Correcting and un-correcting the compass
- Is This Your Cleat?
- Double Constrictor Knot
- Mike’s Quick Rope Whipping
- Spar Hitch - Fender Knot
- How to use a Winch on a Sailboat
- Visiting Canada With Your Boat
- Life Jackets Work!! But Only If You Wear It
- Video: Four and a Half Minutes of French Lighthouses in Terrifying Storms
- The Seattle Harbor Patrol – From 1877 To The Present
- The View From The Fremont Drawbridge Tower – The Bridge Operators Perspective
- Beta test of crowdsourced bathymetry holds promise for improving U.S. nautical charts
- Video: How to Launch a Sailboat Like a Boss
- Dead Tired – Tips For Preventing and Dealing With Fatigue On The Water
- Be sure to get the latest nautical charts!
- Olympic Coast survey provides data for multiple uses
- Proper Bridge Opening Signals and Conch Shell Horns
- How accurate are nautical charts?
- New Sound Insulation / Sound Proofing The Engine Compartment
Article TagsATON ATON's boat equipment boating Boating Etiquette boating knots boating safety boating skills bowline Chart Reading Christmas class aids classroom aids Coast Guard Auxiliary Correcting Correcting and Uncorrecting a Compass crew skills fender knot Guerrilla Marketing knots Marketing marlinespike seamanship marlinespike skills mooring tips Nav. Exercise personal safety equipment Piloting Puget Sound safety equipment sailing Seattle seattle boating information TVMDC Uncorrecting weather
Tag Archives: weather
With the arrival of the Fall fog season a few safety tips for boating in the fog are in order. Before the fog sets in, make sure you have charts and a compass on board. A GPS is also good … Continue reading
Video of the May 4, 2010 presentation of The Great Windstorms of the Pacific Northwest by Cliff Mass gave at the Science Café of the Pacific Science Center in Seattle. Cliff Mass Professor of Atmospheric Sciences at the University of … Continue reading
A few Pacific Northwest Weather web links for a weather class I am taking and helping with in Seattle. West Point Marine Weather: Bearing Sea Weather Buoy: NOAA Seattle Weather: Greenwood / Green Lake Weather: Another NOAA Seattle View: Cliff … Continue reading
Please see Post Index Page for More Articles on Boating Safety. Classes and Vessel Safety Checks Take a Safe Boating Class Public Boaters Education from the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary in Washington State and the Northwest. Click on the “Submit” … Continue reading