01-The Mukilteo Lighthouse was lighted on March 1,
1906. In 1977 the lighthouse was placed on the
National Register of Historic Places. The lighthouse
was automated in 1979 and the original Fresnel lens
was kept. In 2001 the City of Mukilteo took over
ownership of the lighthouse and the area is a city
park. The Coast Guard continues to maintain the
light to guide mariners.